Tonbridge School’s boys have once more achieved an excellent set of GCSE grades in results announced today (Thursday 22 August).
In one of the school’s strongest ever performances, 92 per cent of all GCSE results were at Grade 9, 8 and 7, the equivalent to A* or A.
Further impressive statistics about this year’s GCSE performance at Tonbridge are as follows:
* 46 per cent of all results at GCSE were at Grade 9;
* 76 per cent of all results were at Grades 9 and 8;
* The average outcome is the equivalent of 8A*s and 2As at GCSE;
* 15 boys received a ‘clean sweep’ of Grade 9s;
* 48 boys (nearly one third of all candidates) received a ‘clean sweep’ of Grades 9 and 8.
* There was a pass rate of 100 per cent.
The school’s Headmaster, James Priory, said: “This is an outstanding set of results and the boys can be proud of setting such impressive standards. They will now be starting a new and exciting chapter at Tonbridge as they move into the Sixth Form, and I have every confidence they will continue to show the same intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm and determination as they embark on their A-level and Pre-U courses. Well done to all.”
Pictured top: Four Tonbridge boys celebrate their excellent results – from left, James Craggs, Alex Everill, Tom Roxburgh and Will Instance.
Pictured below: The boys with James Priory, Headmaster.