Tonbridge Professional Development (TPD), created in 2009, offers Professional Development courses with a simple formula: high quality presentations; good practical advice and low costs.
Our cost-effective courses mix keynote speakers, ‘in house’ experience from Tonbridge’s own practitioners and practical advice that is aimed at a broad audience (independent and state school teachers, primary and secondary, parents, anyone interested in ‘big educational issues’). In addition we make use of our student voice.
Past courses have included Community, Creative Writing, Mindfulness, Sports, Green Eco Issues, Independent Learning, Science, Careers, Pastoral and Music and it is hoped that these will become annual events. Examples of some positive feedback:
- Excellent course which enlightened my understanding of reasons and purposes of charity work.
- Really enjoyable and has reminded me that the key to our job is exciting passion in our students.
- Really pleasant atmosphere – well organised – got the sense of a very closely-knit team.
- A fantastic course. Organised very well and made to feel very welcome and at ease. The content was useful, relevant and I have taken away many hints and tips which are changing the way I teach and prepare.
- Thank you for providing this opportunity to share outreach ideas which will help kick-start some initiatives at my school.
- It was great to have time to think about my current practice particularly involving pupils in the bullying/pastoral policies and giving them ownership and the idea of peer mentoring.